- Do a medical internship in Argentina for teenagers, and travel with a group your age while you learn directly from doctors and study Spanish. A very great way to add value to your medical work.
- You will shadow doctors and nurses at a local hospital. We will also teach you Spanish to help you to communicate with the medical staff and the local people.
- During your time you will live and work in Cordoba, and stay with a local host family. When you not are working we have organised a plenty of fun social activities to enjoy.
I skoleferierLæs mere
What will I do on a Medical placement in Argentina for high school students?
Your days will be jam-packed with observation work at local hospitals, working at outreaches, and Spanish classes. These are some of the things you’ll do on this programme:
- Shadow doctors and nurses in medical facilities and clinics
- Take part in medical outreaches to provide healthcare in local communities
- Attend medical workshops to learn more about healthcare in Argentina
- Learn Spanish with a qualified teacher everyday
Your project activities will focus on the following:
Shadow doctors and nurses in medical facilities and clinics
You will spend the majority of your time on this placement observing local doctors and nurses at work in various healthcare facilities. You will also have the chance to watch surgeries being performed. This is your chance to ask lots of questions, so be sure to have your notepad and pen at the ready!
Take part in medical outreach projects to provide healthcare to those in need
Many communities in Argentina have little to no access to basic healthcare services. In order to bring free healthcare to these communities, we run regular outreaches. This is an opportunity for you to gain a better understanding of the health challenges disadvantaged communities face. These are some of the things you’ll do:
- Raise awareness about the importance of good hygiene practices in order to prevent disease
- Helping to perform basic health checks, like checking blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Share knowledge about good nutrition to help prevent non-communicable diseases such as diabetes and obesity
Before you participate in one of these outreaches, we’ll teach you everything you need to know.
Attend medical workshops to learn more about healthcare in Argentina
You will have the opportunity to attend workshops to build your knowledge of healthcare in Argentina. Workshops will focus on topics like:
- Common diseases in Argentina
- First aid
- Traditional medicine
- Nutritional cooking
- Prevention of non-communicable diseases such as diabetes and obesity
Learn Spanish with a qualified teacher
During your time in Argentina, you’ll have Spanish classes for two hours every day. These classes are taught by a qualified language teacher, and will be tailored for your exact level. We’ll also teach you some medical Spanish, which you can use while shadowing doctors and nurses. Classes take place at the Projects Abroad office in the Villa Centenario neighbourhood, close to downtown Cordoba.
Where in Argentina will I be working?
Cordoba is a fascinating city, offering travellers a rich cultural history. Think cathedrals and churches, the oldest university in South America, and amazing galleries, theatres, and parks.
You’ll work in hospitals and clinics, which you will travel to each day via local public transport. You’ll always be with your group, and your Projects Abroad supervisor. You’ll also have the chance to shadow doctors in different hospital departments.
When you’re not working, you’ll do things like see traditional villages in the hills, and visit the house which once belonged to Che Guevara.
Vi beskriver vores målsætninger for vores projekter i dokumenter, som vi kalder Management Plans. Vi bruger dem til at planlægge vores arbejde på en grundig og officiel måde. De hjælper os også med at gøre vores projekter bedre. Det betyder også, at du kan blive en del af noget, som faktisk har en stor indflydelse der, hvor der er brug for det.
Measuring our impact
Hvert år gør tusindvis af frivillige på vores ungdomsprojekter aktivt en forskel rundt omkring i verden. I løbet af deres tid i udlandet, bidrager de til opnåelsen af langsigtede mål og har en langvarig indflydelse på de lokalsamfund, de arbejder i.
Vi udarbejder en årlig Impact Report for vores ungdomsprojekter, som dokumenterer nogle af disse præstationer og resultater.
Find ud af mere om disse projekters indflydelse, og læs den seneste rapport.
Sikkerhed og personalesupport
Din sikkerhed er vores højeste prioritet. Vi har mange procedurer og systemer, som sikrer, at du får den støtte, du skal bruge for at nyde din rejse med ro i sindet. Vores Projects Abroad personale er til rådighed døgnet rundt for at hjælpe, og de står klar til at sikre, at du falder godt til i din nye bolig og på dit projekt. Hvis du støder ind i problemer, vil de være klar til at hjælpe dig til hver en tid.
Find ud af mere om sikkerhed og assistance.
Meet the team in Argentina
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Take a look at the following pages where you'll find collections of similar projects: